Friday, September 30, 2011

My most exciting custom project...


It is finally here!!! My very own custom hand mirror:). This is a dream come true since the moment I received control of product development for Mirabella. I wrote a post awhile back the day I received the first sample of the mirror. I am so excited to say that it finally debuted at the fall trade shows and received amazing feedback. Here are a few pics...




This is my first and most exciting completely custom idea come to life! Almost 1-1/2 years ago, I challenged my new rep at HCT Packaging to present me with some custom ideas rather than stock (which is available to all companies). HCT Packaging is the leader in cosmetic packaging for innovation and is credited with fantastic designs such as the Urban Decay pop up eyeshadow palettes and all of MAC's custom packaging, plus many more.

From this challenge, HCT really went above and beyond to push the limits with their factories. This gorgeous mirror really shows fantastic metal work...something that HCT is very excited to promote. I can't wait to have an HCT press release featuring this mirror sent to all cosmetic companies that they work with. I feel like I have finally made it:).

Why everyone MUST have this mirror? My favorite design elements are:

1. I insisted that there be two-tones of silver...brushed and shiny, to really create dimension on the back of the mirror.
2. The logo is debossed (etched in) to the back of the mirror which ensures that it will not rub off. This was very difficult since our logo type is so skinny and precise. HCT did an amazing job making this happen. It was a deal breaker for me.
3. The ribbon handle gives a romantic twist to an otherwise modern design. The design really captures the Mirabella brand. Thank you, Chris Tarling!
4. The weight of the mirror makes it feel super exclusive when you hold it. You wouldn't think that weight is that important...but it really adds to the overall prestige design.

I absolutely LOVE holding this mirror when I am getting ready...and I know you will too! Check out the Mirabella website. Next week, you will be able to get a discount on the hand mirror when you purchase fabulous Mirabella products. Stock up on your favorites and don't forget to grab this mirror while supplies last. Enjoy!

1 comment: