Friday, December 14, 2012

What I have been up to...

Oh my gosh...the holidays are flying by!  It feels like I have hardly been in the office to actually put my thoughts down on my recent experiences.  So here we go...

When the end of the year comes knocking...it means it is time for a photo shoot.  I finally get to set my plans over the past year in stone by photographing models for each collection.  It is such a stressful time because this is when you know whether you had a good idea or NOT!  Next year we are striving for more fashion-forward collections and to step out of our safe box a bit.  So several of my ideas could have been disasters!  Seriously.  But I am so happy to report that all of the collections are freaking AWESOME!  The photographs are STUNNING and I wish I could share them all now...but alas you will just have to wait.  One of the biggest changes we made this year was to invest in an editorial celebrity hairstylist named Adir Abergel.  He was AMAZING...truly inspiring as an artist.  He was as much a part of the shoot as the photographer...which was new for us.  Most of hairstylists we have used in the past have not participated on the actual set.  Adir was there every step of the way...even so much as using the wind machine to create extra texture in the hairstyles.  So aside from being so talented, he understood the personalities we were bringing to life and helped us achieve them.  For those of you that don't know, Adir usually only works with a celebrity clientele such as Anne Hathaway, Kristen Stewart, Jessica Biel...just to name a few.  He took a big chance in spending the day with us and I couldn't be more grateful.  A enormous thank you to Jamie Richards whose talents in styling are un-paralled and who is always my right hand.  And last but not least, thank you to Jasmine Dashtizad for makeup.  Her talent never ceases to amaze me.  We had such a great team that produced truly inspiring images.  Here are couple of behind-the-scenes pics...





A big thank you to Renee Strauss of Beverly Hills for allowing us to use such gorgeous bridal gowns from her exclusive shop.  You are the best, Renee!

I am just so excited about these collections.  They are my best work yet:)!


Following the shoot, I had a wonderful visit with my family for Thanksgiving in Utah and then immediately headed out for an 8-day road trip.  My first stop was Toronto to launch Mirabella to the press in Canada.  We had a lovely event at The Spoke Club and it was fun to meet the press and local salon owners in that area.  Here are a few pics of the event...



Wow!  I needed more lipstick:).  Especially compared to Stephanie's beautiful pout...




Love this picture of Stephanie Sandoval (International Sales Manager)!  She is amazingly talented and Canada has exploded with Mirabella success due to her love and care.

Next stop was Dallas for a sales training with our Account Coordinators.  SO MUCH WORK!   But I loved every minute.  This event was supposed to be scheduled in February next year to present them with all of our new collections for 2013.  John moved it up last minute and I had only two weeks to plan it.  Talk about fast...but such is a day in the beauty life!  We got to stay at the beautiful Hotel Zaza in Dallas.  It was the perfect venue for 30 cosmetic loving girls.  Get this...the do not disturb door tag actually said "I'm busy putting on my makeup!"  LOVE.  I actually stole it...eek...don't tell anyone:).  I put on a fashion show of the new collections, so I was frantically teaching myself how to animate a powerpoint to music.  Now I can truly say that I am a master at Apple's Keynote.  Hahaa!  
Here are a few pics...


Thank you to Fresh Events Company who was in charge of making all things Mirabella!


Me with Cheri...a lovely Account Coordinator!


John thanking me for a great show.  Love this pic...hahaa!

The day after I got back from Dallas, Allure magazine invited me to Drybar in West Hollywood for a complimentary blow dry and a meet and great of other brands in LA.  They were playing "The Devil Wears Prada" on the TV during my blow dry.  This is seriously one of my favorite films.  Emily Blunt and Meryl Streep are awesome.  One of the editors shared some personal experiences of actually working for Conde Nast.  Did you know that Anna Wintour, Fashion Editor for Vogue, is the final interview to work for them?  She requires that everyone be made over before they come into her presence at the interview...clothes, makeup and shoes!  Wow...talk about intimidating:).  Apparently she hates all black outfits and insists that people wear color before they come to see her.  I loved hearing all of these stories.  So different from my daily life.  Another pic at the event...


And in between all of that I have been trying to enjoy the holiday season.  I LOVE decorating, making Christmas fudge and treats, and of course shopping!  I really was proud of my Christmas tree and office decor.  Sometimes I surprise myself when something turns out nice.



We are having a contest to see who can decorate their office the best.  Since I was low on time, I decided to make all of my decor homemade from materials I had hanging around and was loving using ribbon and tinsel to dress up my dress form.  Note to self, homemade things are NOT quick!  My obsessive personality just couldn't make simple paper snowflakes, instead I had to make 3D snowflakes to hang from my ceiling that took several nights!  I always end up spending WAY more time than I ever imagine.  So that is about it!  I am off to visit my family again for the rest of the year next week.  I wish you all Happy Holidays!  To a fabulous 2013!

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment