Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A color from the past...

Oh my gosh! I just received the funniest phone call EVER! I just have to share...

A couple of days ago, I had a voicemail from a loyal customer in Illinois asking if I could locate any pieces of Vinetto Lip Colour. Let's backup...for those of you that were introduced to Mirabella within the last 2-1/2 years, you will not remember Vinetto Lip Colour as we finally updated our Lip Colour shade range in 2009. Vinetto was a shade of the 90's, light super frosty pink that was usually worn with a dark plum liner. Take a look at a few pics I quickly snapped of the shade.



Suffice it to say that Vinetto was one of the first shades that was targeted to be discontinued when we reworked the Lip Colour shade range!

Now back to the present...when I received her phone call, I checked our warehouse for any remaining pieces of Vinetto but did not have any luck. I left her a quick voicemail explaining that we could not locate any for her. Today when she called, she was begging to call the manufacturer directly to order 20 pieces. Never have I encountered so much dedication to a shade from a customer:). I had to explain that Vinetto was a custom shade to the Mirabella brand and could not be reordered for under 3-5,000 pieces. She just could not fathom why we have discontinued such a great shade! Hahaaa! She was so distraught that I offered to rummage through my retain drawer to see if there were any production samples that I could send to her.

Luckily, I was able to find 3 production samples made back in 2008. When I called her back, I could feel her energy through the phone...I swear. She thanked me profusely, offering to pay. I laughed because the samples may be so dry that they cannot be used. Somehow I think she will make them work:).

The rule at Mirabella is that customers date their lipsticks but marry their foundations and mascaras. Trudy from Illinois shattered this rule of thumb today! I LOVE IT!!!

The 3 Vinetto samples are en route to Illinois:)...

1 comment:

  1. hysterical. Good for you for helping! I remember Vinetto and that makes it even funnier.

    ReplyDelete